Friday, August 15, 2014

Walking in the moonlight, peeing in the Wardrobe; A serious case of Benjamin Button, a.k.a Nocturnal Enuresis and a simple solution

Walking in the moonlight, peeing in the Wardrobe  
         A serious case of Benjamin Button, a.k.a Nocturnal Enuresis and simple solution

Time 0930PM, me and my brother is watching something in the TV, Akku (younger son – 3 year old) is doing some mischief in front of us. Aary (elder one – 6 year old) is sleeping the sofa. Sandya is busy in closing down the kitchen.

Suddenly Aary get up, looks at us – I said ‘Hi’; He nodded his head, looks around. I have a wall mounted flat TV in the living room with wooden unit below the same to hold set-top-box, DVD player etc. Aary now closed his eyes, walked towards the TV. He opened the door of the wooden unit; we both are clueless what he is upto. I was thinking he is going to switch off the TV or something like that.

To our surprise he pulled his trouser down lift his little john and holds it in his hand; My brother who was sitting near to the TV unit, realized and screamed – I manage to take him in the same posture to the bathroom so that he could empty his bladder;

Aary (also Akku) have been bed wetting ever since they were off the diapers; whether you like it or not it is natural phase in bringing up your off springs and I know that if you have kids at this age you will also agree with me.

We have been telling them (yelling them) to wake up in the night and go to bathroom; they are able to do these days but not all the time. In fact taking extra nickers and keeping the bed side table is a ‘Business As Usual’ process at home before going to bed.

Yesterday night, I wake up hearing a BIG cry, lights were on. Aary standing and crying and his Amma is standing next to him and crying due to helplessness. I couldn’t understand why? I shouted – “what happeneddddd???? !!!”. Aary turns and points his finger to the bottom of the wardrobe.

I could not stop myself and started laughing. Another BIG sine wave swifted through my nerves, just like the rocket of the memory booster app in android world – It is her wardrobe. The boy is going to be crushed – I flew to the scene and saved him.

Instead of opening the bathroom doors, the boy opened the wardrobe door and emptied his bladder to it – full on to her cloths; I do not know how much it is going to cost me in the forms of wardrobe refilling, never mind.


Nocturnal Enuresis (pronounced: en-yuh-ree-sis) is natural for kids at this age as well as in the old age. There are various reasons medical science says as a cause for this; In simple android terms the following happens in the normal scenario – In a person with normal bladder control, the following conversation happens in the whatsup.



Whereas, in the case of nocturnal enuresis – the following happens


Simple diagnosis for the problem is train the brain; Brain needs to be awake for such emergency calls. All the children that suffers from this feel guilty in the morning because of this. Exploit this; Yes – teach them to train the brain; Just before going to sleep, force to empty the bladder (this almost every parent do). Apart from that ask them to sit the bed and tell them to imagine that they are waking up dry. Ask them how it feels when they wake up dry. This registers to the mind – and it works for most of the case;
Got this technique from internet – many from western world commented that it works well.

Started trying with my kids.. will update the comments with results.

Your Truly.
aary anu


5 comments: